Studio MODAN is a design collaboration between architects and designers Nik Aelbrecht and Toon Monballieu.
MODAN explores the interplay between digital fabrication and analogue craftsmanship to break through the boundaries of traditional furniture making. With the precision of a machine yet the elegance of human artistry, durable materials are joined into useful designs. In these designs, MODAN ambitions to show an analytical view of reality. Shapes all around us yield a perception that is but an interpretation of our eyes.
Pentagonal planes become a sphere, well-placed dots grow into a curve and a 179 degree angle appears straight. Therefore, to give a truthful rendering of reality, Studio MODAN exposes and magnifies the DNA of each object and turns it into design.
· GEO Chair DMY festival, Berlin, Germany
· GEO Chair Flanders DC: LEUVEN stad van ideeën, Louvain, Belgium
· TS Lounger DMY festival, New Talent, Berlin, Germany
· TS & OS Kaat Tilley Experience store, Ghent,
· TS & OS Kaat Tilley Experience store, Bruges, Belgium
· TS & OS Week van ontwerpen, Budafabriek, Courtai, Belgium
· TS Lounger Selected design, Designmonat, Graz, Austria
· Article in EOS science magazine:
Huylebrouck, D.(2015). Fullerzitje.EOS,12(1),19.
· VTI Roeselare: School for science and technique
Se-n-Se wood construction and planning techniques
· Fablab Leuven: Association KUL
TS LOUNGER & OS CHAIR
© Dieter Van Caneghem